Thursday, May 10, 2012

My Felipe Inno

His smiles, coos and giggles are the best rewards and
I could not ask for more :)




My little boy is growing up so fast. When he was less than a month old, everything was frustrating to me. He cries a lot to the point that I don't know how to soothe him at all. I end up calling my mom back home asking her what to do. There would also be those times that I'd caught myself crying out of disappointment with myself. I feel like a bad mom for not even knowing how to stop whatever is causing his tears and wails and for scolding him at times for crying too much.

 When he reached his sixth week though, things started to change. He began showing his true smile and responds every time I talk to him through his coos and giggles. It was nice waking up to his cries now because I know, I could soothe him now and that I'll be seeing him smile again.

Nothing else matters. Even the tired-some routine of bathing him, changing his dappies now and them, washing his bum and other things that I do for him is rewarded with the joy of seeing that once-straight lips curve into a smile. Everything is just worth it. The baddest hair dayS, the pee-and-poop soiled bed and the sleepless nights, I could say hello to them everyday now and still feel goody good at the end of the day. 

It's true then when they said that life makes a 360-degrees turn when you enter motherhood. And you know what? I wouldn't wish to take a turn back to my old life and old self, even if it means having my own money to spend, shopping sprees, luxurious travels and those other single-y stuff because there's just MORE things to look forward to and discover with Inno (and of course, Kali) by my side. 

In a few days time, Inno would be turning two months old and I can't wait to learn more things about him and unveil more of myself as a mom. :) And for that, I would always be grateful... to Him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?