Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend


How was your weekend?


Mine was great. I got special treatment over the weekend with Kali doing all the cooking from morning till night. Woke up last Saturday with a big breakfast. Ham, Beef Tapa and Egg with Cheese plus a plateful of pancakes. Inno on the side, had his usual morning rituals and slept the rest of the morning before we headed to his pedia for his monthly checkup. I, on the other hand, did some chores after breakfast since Ate Jem is not around. Lunch came and I was surprised that Kali and Ate Mika came up with a Pork-Chicken dish broiled in herbs and spices. The smell was inviting but when we tasted it, it almost don't have a taste at all. Tasteless in short. But we just made laughs out of it and asked Kali to revamp it for dinner which he really did. He transformed it to what he called "Adobado", an almost-fried Adobo less the sauce (sabaw). Since he put so much effort on it, I didn't say anything about it. Good thing because there's pork and beans on the side. And I must say, it (PnB) saved our appetite. Hehe.


Heavy Breakfast courtesy of the husband :)

After lunch, we went to Inno's doctor for his due vaccines. I think I'm already used to seeing Inno being injected with his drug essentials. I actually don't have a choice but endure his tears since he had to feel that I'm there to calm him down. It sends me to tears every time he cries after each injection. I know it's still painful for him. He drifted to sleep after crying for half an hour (or was it the effect of the vaccine?)

Last Saturday was also Inno's second month. He blew his birthday cake (courtesy of DBPhos). Hehe. And as usual, I had to restrain myself for consuming a whole slice.
Pardon our "Morning Look" :) 

Felipe Inno at two months :)
Me and Inno waiting for our his pedia. :)
The four pics were taken Sunday morning :)
 
Sunday came. Happy Mother's day... to ME! Kinda felt awkward with all the greetings that flooded my inboxes being a new mom that I am, but I'm touched. Years back, I was the one who always did surprises and wrote sweet messages for my mom, but now it's different when you're part of the crowd already. Well, the fact that I'm a mom doesn't change the other fact that I am still and will always be a daughter.

So, to the woman who I will always look up to, Happy Mother's day!



Mumc has always been there to witness my joys and sadness, success and failures. She let me be ME and for that I will always be grateful, because she never controlled me to live by her expectations rather she pushed me to discover myself and be the person that I am now. I love her because she never dictated what I should do, but taught me to make my own decisions and stand by them. With everything that she taught me, I would always live up with this one: Kahit anong bagay na mabigat, gumagaan kapag niyayakap ng buo, ng mahigpit, ng buong puso.


She will always be my wonder woman. :)

How about you? What is that one lesson from your mom that you would alway live up to?

Yan

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?