Friday, May 11, 2012

Home Alone Friday

I was almost home alone the entire day. Papa and Mama together with Ate Jem went home to Lubang Island for Nana's 40 days. Almost because Kuya Tots surprisingly came knocking on our room in the middle of the day. Had to admit I kind of panicked when I heard the knock because I didn't actually expect he'd come home at that hour. Kuya Tots usually is the last person to go home every night. 

But anyways, I'm relieved that I survived this day with just me, myself and Inno. It was a challenge looking over the house with a small dependent human creature with me. Thankfully, he participated most of the time by sleeping (even if it were mostly catnaps) and feeding less the fuss. The downside though of being alone at home was rushing everything, from eating, bathing, doing number two and even as simple as going downstairs especially when the kiddo is wide awake. 

Mid-day came and finally our wedding albums and DVD's arrived in the doorstep. The long wait is over. We have something to give our parents since they've been bugging us about it for the past months after our wedding. The photog group apologized for the delay and made up for it by sending a box of Chocolat Dark Chocolate Cake together with the albums. The cake was so in time. Kali is happy he need not buy a cake for Inno's 2nd month mini-celebration tomorrow. He's excited to eat the cake already but told him to wait till morning because I can't eat it tonight with him. You know. Chocolate mixed with the breastmilk makes a hyper, alert, fussy baby. Been there, done that. So I wouldn't really try eating anything chocolate again beyond 12 noon. Back to the albums, I was overly excited to open and see the photos. It was a compilation of the best shots during our wedding. And of course, my excitement did not spare the DVD's which turned out to be my biggest mistake today. I opened it and guess what? My eyes swelled up, I felt like I was back on our wedding day again. What's worse is that when Kali arrived home, he wanted to see the videos too. He tried playing it using Macario but the CD port won't work (I guess Macario's already deteriorating), so we had no choice but to watch it on the widescreen downstairs. We ended up laughing, well Kali did laugh most of the time while I on the other hand, felt a downpour from my eyes while I watch my mom's message for us that day. I told Kali to scan and skip that part but he wanted Inno to hear it, so he made fun while I was in tears. Oh yes. The drama queen in me. 

I'm glad that finally the weekend is here. I wish I could snag some more sleeping time and that these colds would leave me already. Inno will have his monthly checkup tomorrow and we also have some errands for Inno's baptism next Sunday. Excited to get my hands working on some DIY stuff. Wuhoo!

I hope you'll have a good weekend, guys! :)

PS

WIll try to post pictures from our wedding album on my next blog. :)


Yan

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?