Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Inno turns 1: A Superhero Party

Inno's birthday party is finally over. Kali and I are super grateful to all the people who came and celebrated with us. I'm truly touched with the effort my side of the family showed after coming all the way from Laguna. They even rented two vans just so a lot of them could come amidst the distance and the weather. Of course, I would also like to commend Kali's side since most of them were present for the event. 

Our Saturday started, especially mine, early. Although I slept late the Friday night to finish the lootbags and to clean up, I still woke up early next morning to prepare for Inno's Kindermusik graduation. It was their last day for the semester and just like in big school, they'll be getting diplomas too. My father-in-law joined us to witness the certificate-giving. 

After Kindermusik, we decided to kill some time first at our UP Bliss Unit before heading to the venue since it's still to early to go to Shakey's. While waiting, Kali and I decided to have our hair done. We left Inno with Tita Carol and Mika while we go downstairs. When we got to the nearby salon, the parlorista said that their blow-dryer broke down, the reason why they can't accommodate shampoo + blow-dry + haircut services for women. I had to walk to another salon just to get my hair washed and blown dry. Good thing though because I saw my FIL there getting his haircut and nails done and decided to treat me instead. Yihee!

Noon was approaching when I got back to UP Bliss. Kali decided to leave for the venue already. On our way, Cats of Tazzy Cakes called and said they're around the area already. I was super excited to see the cake she designed for Inno. When we arrived at Shakey's Tomas Morato though, Inno fell asleep in the car and so Kali had to go down by himself to ask the manager if we could setup already. Cats was super sweet to approach me in the car just to show me a picture of the cake. Aside from the cake, I ordered two dozens of chocolate cupcakes with the baby Justice League designs. I wasn't able to take a bite of the cuppies but guests who were lucky enough to snag one were all commending how moist and delicious it was! 


Here's a collage of photos of the cake taken by our good friends :)
During my previous post, I uploaded a photo of the set-up I want for the cake and I achieved it somehow. I reused old wine, milk, appliance boxes and covered it with Japanese paper. In order to have an organized look, I decided to stick with the three primary colors. For the windows, I cut black and yellow art papers and with the use of the very handy double-sided tape, stuck them to the boxes.


Photo courtesy of Ninong Voltaire
For the lootbags, I ordered cute and super chic cupcake cups and baker's twine from Paper Chic Studio and stuffed our sweet treats there. I had the tag designed and made by my youngest sister Angel. She also printed the straw flags and the photobooth props I made. I bought the clear pouch at Chocolate Lover Inc., Main Branch. Imagine, I only went there just to get these good quality plastic bags which can be used for stuffing bread, goodies etc,.


The Kids! :)
Random Pictures from the party :)
Some kids came in their favorite superhero costumes and we appreciate that so much. Those who didn't came with theirs were free to wear the masks I made. They were supposedly for the adults but the kids loved it so I didn't bother.


The big kids had their share of F-U-N too!
Other than the kids, the kids-at-heart had their fair share of fun and games too. Everybody was in full competition mode. Unfortunately for the girls, after losing two rounds, they were asked to spell INNO using their butts while the boys get to watch in delight. Haha.


Julian's turn for the longest 'Happy Birthday, Inno!'
For the hosts, we hired from Leny's Party Needs and General Merchandise. They're tied up with Shakey's and they are also their accredited balloon supplier. Since we don't want the hassle and expense of finding a good party host, I just checked out reviews from fellow moms and found out that these two were great ones. They're clowns actually but since I am scared of clowns and not all kids enjoy seeing clowns as well, we requested that they wear tuxedos instead. I would definitely recommend these two since they brought a lot of laughter, fun and magic for both our young and adult guests.


My side of the family :)

Kali's side :)

With the Lolos and Lolas :)

Our sincerest gratitude from the bottom of our hearts :)

We will surely never forget this very special day. :) 

Until Inno's next party! :)


3 comments:

  1. hope you could post the breakdown of the rates of your supplier just i could see if that fits my budget too. Nice set up and it sure looks fun. Doing the D-I-Y is totally awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, impressive. It’s quite different from other posts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic blog I have ever seen. I didn’t find this kind of information till now. Thank you so much for sharing this information. for more details you can go to below link…
    k2 incense

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?