Friday, March 8, 2013

{Kindermusik: Our First Learning Haven}

Way before Inno was born, I always thought of ways to help him become a bright kid. I think every parents' dream is to have an intelligent kid who is sociable and independent. When we were still kids, the only learning support we have before entering nursery is our parents. Well, at least in my case. We first learn how to babble, recognize sounds, make signs or walk with the help of our ever-loving parents. 

However, at this time and age of advanced learning, there are a number of institutions where we can send our children even before they reach their first year of life. I have to be honest, I never really thought of those schools back then. Not that I don't want to send Inno to any of them, in fact, I inquired to some and made research through their websites and testimonials of parents. It's just that, as a young mom who's just introduced to the role, I'm not yet as aware as now how those would benefit my kiddo. 

I first learned about Kindermusik through Kali's nephew Julian who started attending a class at the age of two months. The venue of the class is very accessible to them and his Tita Tin was one of the instructors there. Kindermusik helped Julian advanced in his speech. Before even reaching the age of one, he could already say simple everyday words audibly. By his first year, he could already pick up melody and rhythm of songs and could sing/babble along. He loves music and memorize by heart a lot of nursery songs. Up until now at the age of three, he still takes Kindermusik class under Teacher Suzette. In fact, his baby brother Javier attends his own class too.

I wanted Inno to learn and love music. As someone who never knew how to play any instrument and just practice her vocals with the help of a videoke machine, I want my kid to be fully-interested and capable of making music. Moreover, other than honing that love for rhythm and songs, I want him to learn more things through socializing with other kids. And we made the right choice because Kindermusik actually do just that and more. 

Although for some reasons, Kali was hesitant to send Inno to one before. First, because there's no accessible KM school in our area. We live in a far-off village inside a village with hassle means of going out without a car. He thought it might just stress Inno if we make him ride a public transport. (Btw, we do actually have a car at home but he's scared to drive and won't let me take driving lessons. Boo, I know.) During Inno's 4th month, we were offered to take trial classes at Gingerbread School just outside Congressional Village. We attended one and since the place is too far from home and the curriculum was a mix of infants and toddlers, we declined. Another reason was that the husband thinks Inno was too young for the program eventhough it seemed like he enjoyed the trial class. 

So when Inno reached his eight month, I knew within me that there's no more reason not to send Inno to a Saturday class. First, he's eight months already. Other parents enroll their kids as young as a month old and I felt like he's missing so much already. Second, I found a KM Facility close to home and third, I am just determined to send him to a class.  And so I texted KM Capitol Hills if they're accepting trial classes, which they really do. I also made my research beforehand, so I know during the time I inquired that a new class schedule is accepting applicants.

It was late November last year when Inno started school and the first class was just awesome although we came in a little late. Hehe. During the first day, mommies get to introduce themselves and their kids and I wasn't able to do that because I'm looking for my socks. However, the little boy was eager to make a mark. He was humming and babbling every time Teacher Suzette talks and sings. He was also participative with exercises and plays and love getting along with other kids. 

With Inno's age, he is currently under the The Village class. Babies zero until 18 months can enroll under this program. It is a 45-minute class with lessons that include routine or repetition which enables the child to remember certain exercises. There  are reading, listening and playing activities as well. Every week, Teacher Suzette injects more and more music, activity and fun as the program progresses. Other than that, KM learning doesn't have to stop in the classroom because kids get to take home materials which they can listen to, play and read at home. What I love about Kindermusik is we get to see families each week and sing with them while our kids learn. Moreover, it has become something we always look forward to on weekends.

Right now, we are on our final leg of the program. We are actually considering enrolling Inno to one of their summer classes for all the weekends of April. When it comes to Inno's holistic development, I don't think we will ever stop investing and looking for good 'schools' that will help him become the best that he can be.  

Want to know more about Kindermusik and what program suits your child? Click here.




  




No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?